Am I responsible for performing health and safety checks if I hire a teenager?


Last Update 4 years ago

It depends on the task, where it is performed and if you are deemed to be a business or a private household. Typically where a school-age child assists in a trade or occupation carried on for profit, and the task takes place on-site, he or she is considered as employed and is therefore subject to Local Authority requirements which may involve checks and risk assessments. If that’s the case then we recommend that you contact your relevant Local Authority for further local rules and procedures.

Was this article helpful?

1 out of 2 liked this article

Still need help? Message Us